Monday, July 10, 2017

Mt. Baker Snowshoe - Artist Point & Huntoon Point - Mt. Baker, WA

May 9, 2017


Spring snowshoeing at Mt. Baker! The road is snow/ice free to the parking lot at the end of the road, The road to Heather Meadow and Artist Point is still closed. The snow is still deep and plenty in the mountain. It'll be a while to melt away. I hiked up to Artist Point and also took a side trip to Huntoon Point. The views were spectacular with some clouds forming over the mountains.....Mt. Shaksun, Mt. Baker, Table Mountain, Glacier Peak, Baker Lake and US/Canadian border peaks. I almost had the entire mountain just for myself until I saw a couple of campers and skiers. This is one of my favorite hikes whenever I do for all seasons, snow white mountains and landscape in winter/spring or carpets of wildflowers and meadows in summer/fall.

For this trip report:

http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/trip-rep...


 Video by Lifeisamt

No comments:

Post a Comment