September 14/15, 2010
The official plaque on the summit rock
View east of Alabama Hills along Whitney Portal Road and
Lone Pine and US 395 in the valley.
|Mt. Whitney from Alabama Hills|
- Whitney Portal 8,360' 0.0 mi
- Lone Pine Lake 9,900' 2.8 mi
- Outpost Camp 10,400' 3.8 mi
- Mirror Lake 10,640' 4.0 mi
- Trailside Meadow 11,400' 5.0 mi
- Trail Camp 12,000' 6.0 mi
- Trail Crest 13,700' 8.2 mi
- Muir Trail JCT 13,480' 8.7 mi
- Summit 14,505' 11.0 mi
|Be ready for 98 switchback!|
View west of the John Muir Trail - Sequoia National Park. Hitchcock Mountain, Hitchcock Lakes and Guitar Lake. The Sierra Crest in skyline – it's the Great Western Divide!